Monday, February 28, 2011

Mom is the Bomb




Mom is the bomb.
She is awesome.
She's like the possum.
She really rocks.
Cause she's a fox.



Years ago when my youngest was asked to write a poem about Mom around Mothers Day, he came up with the funniest poem and presented it in front of the whole class and all the moms at a Mother's Day party.  It was so funny that my boys have repeated it to me over the years.

It was even so catchy that sometimes they thank God in a prayer using the funny poem.  You know, "Thank you, God, for Mom.  She's the bomb…."


Okay, so he's not ready for the beatnik scene, and maybe I'm a bit biased, but I like it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet sister friend-
YOU ARE the BOMB!
This poem inspired me to remember that we are the APPLE of our boys eyes-
Let us never forget this and may we RISE to the challange of being the mothers/sisters/daughters and friends HE would have us be-
You GOOOOO GIRL!

Anonymous said...

I stopped by today from my blog and happened upon your poem. It's great! What a treasure!